MCSO: 26-year-old man fatally shot in the driveway of a Silver Springs Shores home
SILVER SPRING SHORES, Fla.- A 26-year-old man in Silver Springs Shores in Marion County was found shot in his driveway Wednesday morning. The man was rushed to the hospital where he later died.
Neighbors in the area who say they're still in disbelief over what happened.
Dalton Dalanah who's been living on Pine Course Loop in Silver Springs for the past 10 years says the neighborhood is normally quiet.
But that was until two o' clock Wednesday morning, when he was sleeping until gunshots and someone banging at his front door woke him up.
Dalton Dalanah said, "I shouted for my wife, and I said something is going on, something is not right outside. We heard more banging on the door, so when I came out my wife said it’s something going on with our neighbor on this side."
When deputies arrived at the home, they found an abandoned car that may have been involved in the shooting along with a 6-year-old child left alone inside the house.
Deputies got a 911 call from a woman who said she was taking 26-year-old Jeffery Aaron Jr. to Ocala Regional Medical Center to be treated for his gunshot wound.
Aaron Jr. later died at the hospital.
Lauren Lettelier said, “At this point in time our investigation now focuses on gathering as much evidence as possible and talking to witnesses to find out what happened."
Deputies say Aaron Jr. was shot at the edge of his driveway and neighbors claimed to have seen a black car speeding away from the home along with a rifle and broken glass on the ground.
Aaron Jr. had been out on bail following a September arrest on attempted murder.
Ocala police say they suspected him in connection with a shooting in July, which Aaron was also shot.
- MCSO: Woman's body identified; death investigation continues in Silver Springs
- MCSO: ATV rider reports being shot in arm during Superbowl weekend in Dunnellon
- Woman dies in Silver Springs Shores house fire
- MCSO deputies searching for man who drugged and raped a 15-year-old girl
- MCSO: Gunman's bullets narrowly miss 2 boys playing inside Ocala home
- MCSO: deputies still searching for clues to solve Ronnie Damon's homicide
- MCSO: Ocala man arrested after going AWOL from the U.S. Air Force 45 years ago
- Skimmer found at gas station pump in Silver Springs
- Deputies: 16-year-old attempted robbery suspect could be charged as adult
- 33-year-old man shot and killed in Silver Springs home