MCSO: Woman's body identified; death investigation continues in Silver Springs
MARION COUNTY, Fla.-- Marion County deputies are investigating what they're calling a suspicious death, after a woman's body was found in silver springs.
Neighbors in the area are now asking for accountability.
"To have it happen right at the end of your dirt road is pretty concerning."
Tyler Suess and neighbors living on North East 120th Avenue in Silver Springs say they we're shocked to hear that sheriff's deputies found the body of 32-year-old Hope Buky laying near their roadway.
Tyler Suess said, "It's just a scary thing you know to deal with. My heart goes out to the family for sure. I couldn't imagine losing a love one in any way, but to just have your life cut short do to somebody else is pretty tough."
Sheriff’s deputies say Buky's body was discovered last Thursday in a wooded area off of County Road 314.
They say she was last seen on March 9th near South Pine Avenue.
Deputies are waiting a report from the medical examiner's office to determine her cause of death.
Lauren Lettelier said, "South Pine Avenue is a main artery in Ocala so, but she was known to frequent that area quite a lot so we're looking for any information on her last known whereabouts from anybody that may have seen her."
Suess and other neighbors say with the killer still on the loose they'll take extra precautions to make sure their loved ones are safe.
Tyler Suess said, “I couldn't imagine, I mean my family has been living here their whole lives and there's a lot of evil in this world and there's no place for it."
If you have any information or have seen Buky between March 9th and 16th you're asked to call the sheriff's office.
- MCSO: 26-year-old man fatally shot in the driveway of a Silver Springs Shores home
- MCSO: Gunman's bullets narrowly miss 2 boys playing inside Ocala home
- MCSO: deputies still searching for clues to solve Ronnie Damon's homicide
- Woman dies in Silver Springs Shores house fire
- MCSO: ATV rider reports being shot in arm during Superbowl weekend in Dunnellon
- MCSO: Ocala man arrested after going AWOL from the U.S. Air Force 45 years ago
- MCSO: Plane crashes in Williston, killing one man
- MCSO: Armed neighbors hold down apologetic burglar
- Skimmer found at gas station pump in Silver Springs
- Human remains ID'd as body of missing Dunnellon man