Domino's pizza delivery driver carjack and robbed at gunpoint
BELLEVIEW, Fla.--A Domino's pizza delivery man was carjacked and robbed at gunpoint by three men in Belleview.
A pizzeria owner in that area who says she is going the extra mile to protect her drivers because of the recent robbery.
"And it's a walkie talkie app and they can put it into play if something is going down."
Jessica Berry, manager at Hungry Howie's Pizza and Subs in Belleview says because of the recent robberies to pizza delivery drivers in the area that she's had all of her drivers download the app "Voxer".
The app allows her to track all of her employees while their on the road.
Jessica Berry said, "Every time one of my drivers goes out on runs it’s uncertain feeling. We have a walkie talkie app we use and we're in constant communication. "Are you on the way there, and you on the way back," I need to know where you're at, at all times."
Marion County Sheriff's deputies say employees at the domino's on Abshier Blvd, received an online delivery request for pizza to be delivered to Southwest 60th Avenue in Belleview around noon on Tuesday.
The driver told deputies that as he pulled into the driveway of the home he was carjacked at gunpoint by three men wearing hoodies.
The men also stole $40 worth of pizza.
Lauren Lettelier said, "At this point in time we're trying to track down the car. It's a 2017 Kia Forte with a large New England Patriots decal on the back. So if anyone sees this car please call in to the sheriff’s office.
It will definitely help us to find the people who were driving it at that point."
Deputies say they do not know if this robbery is connected to the March 24th hold up of a five star pizza delivery man at Southeast 28th Lane.
Berry says she told her drivers they do not have to place the tops logo on their cars to be identified while delivering.
"It depends on how they feel and I’m not going to push them. Once they feel comfortable driving them, I’ll let them put them back on, but until then we'll ride with no tops."
- Two Delivery Drivers Robbed at Gunpoint
- Alzhemier's Bracelet Programs Keep Track of Elderly
- Two protesters 'forced' out of Sabal Trail pipe in Dunnellon
- Ocala man accused of burning neighbor's house while she was home
- Marion County Sheriff's deputies search for missing family
- Human remains ID'd as body of missing Dunnellon man
- MCSO: Gunman's bullets narrowly miss 2 boys playing inside Ocala home
- MCSO: deputies still searching for clues to solve Ronnie Damon's homicide
- MCSO: Woman's body identified; death investigation continues in Silver Springs
- Store owner robbed at gunpoint in NW Ocala