The search continues for two armed men in Levy County that attempted to rob a home
Published April 18th, 2017
LEVY COUNTY, Fla.-- It is a second night of searching for two men involved in a shooting at a home in Rosewood Monday.
Authorities say they're widening the search zone.
Levy County Sheriff's deputies and Marion County air units spent the night searching for two men who they say approached a home in the Rosewood area posing as real estate agents saying they needed to inspect the house.
After having no luck throughout the night deputies called off the search in the Rocky Hammock area shortly after 7 O’ clock Tuesday morning.
Scott Tummond said, “This morning early our investigators developed information that they say was creditable that our suspects were no longer in the area and that they have fled."
Deputies found a burned car in the area of County Road 336 and County Road 330 Monday night that was used by the two men to get away from the home.
They say the men could now be traveling in a different car.
Deputies are asking residents of Levy County to still keep their eyes open for anything out of the ordinary.
Scott Tummond said, "We know based off of our creditable evidence that they're not in the area and residents should feel safe. They can relax and resume their daily activities and they should not expect to see something emerge from the woods in their back yards."
The men are described as black males, well dressed, in their late 20s or early 30s; one around 6 feet tall, weighing 270 pounds while the other man is 5'11 weighing 240 pounds.
- Armed Woman Robs Bank in Marion County
- Marion Co. Strong Arm Robbery Suspect Caught
- Deputies search hours; armed burglars at-large
- Search for missing driver at Paynes Prairie continues...
- Levy County Deputies Make Second Meth Bust in Two Days
- Plane Crash Kills Two Men, NTSB Called in to Investigate
- Domino's pizza delivery driver carjack and robbed at gunpoint
- Three Men Arrested for Allegedly Cooking Meth Inside a Bronson Home
- Marion County Sheriff's Office looking into possible connected armed robberies
- NCF agencies search for missing woman