Two Thursday morning shootings in Ocala has officers searching for answers
OCALA, Fla.-- Three men are shot in two separate incidents in Ocala Thursday morning and police still trying to find out why.
All three, were taken to a nearby hospital with non-life threatening injures.
Neighbors in that area say they’re tired of the senseless violence.
"You don't know what's going to happen tonight. Does that make you fear for your life? Yes it makes me fearful."
This neighbor says since last week Sunday, his neighborhood in West Ocala has been ringing from the sound of gunshots.
He said, “I can tell that they're not just stray bullets and whoever is doing this, they're operating at night and not necessarily just at night, they could be doing a day drive by it just all depends."
Ocala police were told, two people were sitting on a front porch smoking cigarettes on West Fort King Street shortly before 2 a.m. Thursday, when three masked males walked into the yard and opened fire.
The gunmen ran away, and victims 42-year-old Cedric Watkins and 61-year-old James Alderman, had to be rushed to a nearby hospital.
Louis Biondi said, "The men were very vague and they said they're black males but other than that having masks we don't have any other good descriptions."
Shortly after officers responded to a second shooting, where they say 32-year-old Te' Daryll Faison was walking in the area of Deer Run, a housing complex on Northeast Fourth Court; when he heard noise coming from the nearby bushes.
Faison said when he asked who was in the bushes; someone fired a shot hitting him in the shoulder.
Louis Biondi said, "Anytime we have an uptick in any kind of violent crime we always try to do our best to curb that. We will increase our securities and put officers out of foot if we have to. We'll do whatever it takes."
Officers say they don't know if the two shootings are related, but they plan to assign more officers to patrol those areas.
- Armed robbery of a Texaco Gas Station in Ocala caught on camera
- Car hits pedestrian on 17th Street in Ocala
- Police Search for Answers In Crash Killing Two Teens
- Ocala Police Searching For Shooting Suspect
- Florida Fish & Wildlife Patrol searching for missing venomous cobra in NE Ocala
- Two Early Morning Shootings Not Connected, Police Say
- Police searching for 3 in Game Stop burglary
- Police searching for fake Uber driver
- Ocala Police Search For Credit Card Thief
- Two people arrested after shooting in Ocala