Binge Drinking More Likely Among Women
According to the Center for Science in the Public Interest, 44% of students at four-year colleges drink alcohol at binge levels at some time.
A new study at Harvard Medical School finds female students are more likely to exceed weekly alcohol limits than males.
Researchers studied 992 students during their first year at college.
The women exceeded their recommendation limit more frequently than the men did.
The recommendation limit for women is no more than three drinks a day and seven per week.
For men, it is no more than four drinks a day and seven per week.
- New Study: Breast Cancer Patients Want More Involvement in Treatment
- Your Fitness: Training Tips For Women
- Women's Health Handbook Part 1: What to expect in your 20's
- Women's Health Handbook Part 3: Tips for the 40's
- Children Taking Fewer Antibiotics but More ADHD Medication
- There's Possible Relief for Menopausal Women
- Women's Health Handbook P2: The 30's
- Active Video Games Do Not Mean Kids Exercise More
- New Study Connects Women and Citrus Fruit
- Medical Spotlight: Heart Disease & Heart Attack in Women