Manhunt Over For Car Thief
COLLIER COUNTY, FL - The hunt is over for a teen accused of stealing a car in Collier County.
According to Florida Highway Patrol, a traffic stop was conducted just Tuesday evening when troopers noticed a driver traveling rather slowly on I-75. When they ran the plates they discovered the car was stolen.
Troopers called for back-up and conducted a traffic stop. The suspect then ran into the wooded area near Wachoota Road. Multiple agencies responded to catch the suspect. He was eventually found using a helicopter with infrared.
The suspect was identified as a minor and is expected to be put in the custody of the Department of Children and Family Services.
- The Florida Highway Patrol Increases Patrols For "Staying Alive On I-75" Initiative
- Florida Highway Patrol Up For Reaccreditation
- Woman Who Crashed into Bicyclist was Under Influence
- Serious Two Car Accident Might Have Involved a Third Vehicle
- Single Car Crash In Levy County Kills Child, Injures 5 Others
- Cattle Car Crash
- Funeral Services For FHP Trooper Chelsea Richard Being Held Thursday
- Passenger of Small Plane in Palatka Crash Dies
- Delete Teen Crashes Day
- Troopers Ticketing Aggressive Driving