Scammer in Ocala Acting as Driveway Repair Man
A pair of Marion County women say they have fallen victim to driveway repair scammers.
One woman says a man claiming to be the owner of Tri-Sum Asphalt walked up to her and offered to repair her driveway.
She said at first, he said about $50, but once the job was done, the man demanded $1000. He finally dropped the price but insisted on only taking cash.
She gave him a $300 check written out to cash, and another victim gave him $180 in cash.
The incident was reported to the Marion County Sheriff's Office.
The women say the scammers destoyed their driveways and stole personal items from their homes. It's too late for them, but they want others to be aware, warning not to trust uninvited, fast talking stangers that approach your house.
Some signs to watch out for are selling door to door, no contact offered, cash only sales, and claiming they have left-over construction material from another job.
- Driveway Repair Scammers in Marion County
- Marion County Scammers Caught
- Ocala Man Arrested For Obscene Communication With Minor
- Ocala man charged with murder
- Hit and run leaves Ocala man dead
- MCSO: Ocala man promoted girl for sex on internet
- Dixie county man arrested for forcing two people to perform lewd acts
- Man Back in Jail for False Traffic Stops
- Neighbors voice concerns after corrections office shot, killed in driveway
- Marion County man arrested for murder