Columbia County Man Sentenced to Death
A jury has decided a man convicted of killing a Columbia County corrections officer should be sentenced to death.
Richard Franklin was convicted of stabbing corrections officer Sergeant Ruben Thomas in the neck during a cell check last year.
Franklin has been in prison since 1995 serving a life sentence for murdering 25 year-old Bethune-Cookman University student Gregory Roper the year before.
He was also convicted for robbing an elderly man and shooting another victim.
- Dontavious Copeland Sentenced in Shooting Death of 15-year-old
- Tampa Bay Man Sentenced to Death
- Man Sentenced to 14 Years for Dog's Death
- Man Gets Life Sentence for Boy's Death
- Drug Bust in Columbia County
- Undercover Investigation Arrests Two in Columbia County
- Columbia County School Cuts
- Columbia County Robbery
- Man Receives Three Life Sentences
- Columbia County man arrested in connection to funeral home burglary