Columbia County School Cuts
Last Friday, Marion County announced hundreds may lose their jobs as they try to accommodate a nearly 30 million dollar deficit for the coming school year.
Other counties are making tough decisions as well.
Columbia County public school administrators believe they have a plan to keep classrooms functioning without losing jobs.
They are relying on the state's "drop" retirement plan and say they won't be filling positions that are left vacant.
- New policies at Lake City daycare
- Drug Bust in Columbia County
- Cray Arrested After Traffic Stops Reveals Drugs
- Undercover Investigation Arrests Two in Columbia County
- Top Morning Stories 2/15
- Top Morning Stories 2/16
- Several people injured in Lake City shooting
- Lake City Police Pursuit
- Fort White Man Found Alive
- Kornegays Plead Guilty