Columbia County School Cuts
Last Friday, Marion County announced hundreds may lose their jobs as they try to accommodate a nearly 30 million dollar deficit for the coming school year.
Other counties are making tough decisions as well.
Columbia County public school administrators believe they have a plan to keep classrooms functioning without losing jobs.
They are relying on the state's "drop" retirement plan and say they won't be filling positions that are left vacant.
- Drug Bust in Columbia County
- Undercover Investigation Arrests Two in Columbia County
- Columbia County man suspected of fraud
- Severe weather impacts Columbia County
- Columbia County car crash turns deadly
- Columbia County schools placed on lockdown Wednesday
- Alachua County schools cut support staff positions
- Police officers find marijuana near school
- Parents outraged after school bus accident in Marion County
- Deputies bust suspected human trafficking ring in Columbia County