Marion County Sheriff Requests Extra Money for Budget
MARION COUNTY- Marion County Sheriff Chris Blair originally asked for an extra 17 million dollars for his budget...but he has now trimmed that to 8 million.
The Marion County Sheriff's Office budget request for fiscal year 2013 through 2014 is about 75 million dollars...an 8.2 million dollar increase from last year's budget.
Sheriff Blair says the agency is short-staffed and his deputies are in desperate need of patrol cars.
Commissioners say the 8 million dollar request is still too high and that approving it would mean an increase in taxes.
Commissioners will analyze the budget request to see where additional cuts can be made in order to not raise taxes.
- Sheriff Blair Budget Request
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Bank Teller Accused of Helping Steal Money From Bank Customer
- Armed Woman Robs Bank in Marion County
- Marion county man found shot to death in car
- Elderly man in critical condition after attack
- Marion County sheriff primary finalists named
- MCSO investigates suspicious death
- Deputies: string of burglaries span four counties
- Commissioners want less drug possession arrests, cut sheriff's budget