Alachua County Jail Inmate Attempts Suicide
ALACHUA--An Alachua County Jail inmate is in the hospital after he was found hanging in his cell.
20-year-old Miguel Hernandez was arrested on Sunday on an out-of-state warrant for not registering as sex offender in Illinois.
Hernandez was found hanging from a bed-sheet in his cell during a routine check.
The inmate was cut down, CPR was administered and he was rushed to the hospital.
- Inmate dies in Alachua County Jail
- Two Attempted Suicides in Two Weeks at the Alachua County Jail
- Suspect In Disappearance Attempts Suicide
- Sheriff's Office investigates two suicides at the jail
- Two Escaped Inmates Caught
- Inmate returned to jail after escaping
- Inmates Fight Stats in Marion County Jail
- Visitors Can Talk to Alachua County Jail Inmates from their Living Rooms
- Inmate Dies After Collapsing at Levy County Jail
- Marion County Jail Inmate Dies In Custody