Marion County May Put Jail Up For Sale
The Board of Marion County Commissioners is exploring the idea of selling Marion County's jail property to a private prison company.
Vice chair Stan Mcclain says the idea is to sell the land, then lease the property and possibly buy it back in the future. The county would get a chunk of money upfront if they decide to sell the jail.
Mcclain says the board will only approve this "idea" if it's beneficial to the county, community, and the sheriff's budget.
According to Mcclain, the Marion County Sheriff's Office will still run the jail no matter who owns the property.
- NCF Conservation Land May Be Put Up For Sale
- Bradford County Sheriff's Office creates safe place for online sales
- Alachua County Jail Inmate Attempts Suicide
- UPDATE: Efforts Continue in Marion County to Put Out Brush Fire
- Marion County Puts The
- Marion County Commission proposes sales tax increase
- Reaction to 1% sales tax hike in Marion County
- Marion County Pet Adoptions, Wednesday August 7, 2013
- Marion County Man Still Missing
- Missing Marion County Man Found in Orange County