ASO Captain Keith Vermillion Suspended
An internal investigation has been launched into the actions of one of the top commanders at the Alachua County Sheriffs Office.
Captain Keith Vermillion is head of the Criminal Investigations Bureau, but was suspended Thursday and is not allowed back in the building without an escort.
In a release by Sheriff Sadie Darnell she said, "I have been provided with credible information which causes me great concern and which needs to be throughly and properly investigated before i will make further comment."
Vermillion was hired by Sheriff Darnell in February 2007.
He was escorted out of the building Thursday and his gun and badge were taken.
There is no word on how long the internal investigation will take.
- ASO Captain Keith Vermillion terminated amidst agency turmoil
- ASO Major to be demoted for failure to supervise
- Alachua County Sheriff Sadie Darnell: Full Interview
- Sheriff Sadie Darnell Responds to Keith Vermillion Resignation
- Fellows Retires, Sheriff Discusses Deputies Perception of Vermillion
- Sheriff Darnell Responds to Mike Fellows Investigation
- Vermillion Files: ASO Now Open To Lawsuits
- Docs: ASO Duplicates Services to Circumvent ICAC
- Vermillion Files: Who Knew What and When?
- Sheriff's Office Recruits Outside Help For Investigation