Gainesville Man Arrested on Battery Charges
Published March 27th, 2014
A Gainesville man is behind bars this morning facing charges of domestic battery.
Mitchell Cooper was arrested Wednesday afternoon after a ten hour search.
Police say earlier he got into a fight with the victim at the Spanish Trace Apartments in Southwest Gainesville.
Witnesses say Cooper struck the woman several times before forcing her into her car.
When people tried to intervene Cooper pulled his shirt up to reveal a revolver, and then drove away with the victim.
Police later found the woman at her apartment. We're told the couple has a history of domestic disputes.
Cooper had an outstanding warrant in Levy County and is now in Alachua County Jail no bond has been set.
- Gainesville Man Charged With Sexual Battery of 14 Year Old Girl
- Gainesville Man Faces Sexual Battery Charges
- Gainesville Man Arrested, Charged In 2009 Sexual Battery Incident
- Marion County Man Charged with Sexual Battery
- North Central Florida Man Arrested For Domestic Battery
- Homeless Man Arrested for Battery on a Firefighter
- Gainesville Man Charged With Smuggling Dinosaur Fossils Released on Bail
- Gainesville Man Arrested For Molesting Teenage Girl on Black Friday
- Gainesville Woman Arrested For Trying to Run Down a Man With Her Car
- UF Football Player Arrested, Charged With Battery