Zoning Sweetwater Branch Tent Camp
A homeless camp is a little less isolated now that police have marked the paths in and out.
Two Gainesville police officers mapped out the area around the Sweetwater Branch Tent Camp on foot and in a helicopter.
The goal is to make it easier for first responders to find people who call for help.
There are now three different zones of the camp with 40 residents total.
The two officers, after identifying the zones, went back and told each resident which zone they were in and what to tell dispatch if they need help.
- Homeless Man Threatens Woman with Machete
- Homeless Will be Forced to Vacate Tent City
- New Markers Make it Easier to Find Residents in Gainesville Homeless Camp
- Children's Miracle Network Family Boot Camp
- Parents Camp Out to Pick Teacher
- Homeless Man Arrested for Battery on a Firefighter
- Workforce Connections Holds Event to Benefit Homeless Veterans
- Salvation Army Feeds Homeless
- Homeless Children's Program Hosting 15th Annual Campaign
- Police Find New Evidence On Aguilar's Case