Rep. Ted Yoho Talks About Key Issues At A Town Hall Forum
Taxes, gun control, and immigration were just a few of the hotbutton issues brought up during a town hall forum with U.S. Rep. Ted Yoho Monday night.
Congressman Yoho held about a 90 minute town hall to hear from his constituents most of whom seemed to be supporters.
While most of the questions from the crowd seemed to focus on the nation's debt and funding decisions, there were a few heated exchancges -- most notably, on the topic of the debt ceiling and remarks Yoho made stating that defaulting on our debt would be good for the country.
While one attendee felt as though his question was never answered most others left feeling pleased with what they heard.
"He didn't answer my question. my question was, "how is this a benefit -- the government shutdown, the government defaulting on our loans. how is that benefiting the world economy," said University of Florida student Connor Grill.
However, Gainesville resident David Jenkins thinks otherwise "I agree with Mr. Yoho on probably 80 to 85 percent of the issues. I think he's doing a great job, and he's very accessible, which i really appreciate."
Other topics of discussion included cyber security, Russia, and Edward Snowden who Yoho called a "traitor."
Yoho a big opponent of Obamacare, said he supports the house of representative's ongoing effort to defund the law.
He said republicans will unveil their alternative to Obamacare within the next few weeks.
- Congressman Ted Yoho Hosts Town Hall Discussion Focusing On Veterans And The Issues They Face
- Local Immigration Group Talks Immigration Reform With Congressman Ted Yoho
- NCF Peanut Farmers Meet with Congressman Ted Yoho
- Congressman Yoho on Healthcare Legislation
- Congressman Ted Yoho Wins Republican Primary Elections
- Immigration Summit With Congressman Ted Yoho (Long Version)
- Newly-Elected Congressman Ted Yoho 'Meets the Press'
- State Rep. Baxley Defends "Stand Your Ground" Amid Calls for Its Repeal
- Senator Tackles Local and Global Issues at Town Hall Meeting
- Santa and Mrs. Claus Talk About Newberry's Festival of Lights