Residents Recovering After Four-Car Crash
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Several people are recovering this morning after a scary crash in Gainesville.
In all, eight people were involved in a four-car collision yesterday afternoon at the corner of 6th Street and West University Avenue .
When Fire Rescue arrived, they freed two people who were trapped in the driver and passenger sides of a car.
The others were able to get out safely.
Five adults and three children, who were in car seats, were taken to nearby hospitals with minor injuries.
District Chief of Gainesville Fire Rescue Michael Cowart stated, "Everything seemed to be pretty minor. Everyone seemed to have their seat belts on. So, what could have been a real tragic accident, definitely was made a lot easier with having seat belts in place."
The investigation into the cause of the accident is still ongoing.
- Pilot recovering after Citrus County plane crash
- Twenty Dogs Recovering After Fire
- Possible Medical Emergency May Be Responsible For A One Car Crash In Ocala
- Archer Elementary student recovering after car crash
- Gainesville Residents Cleaning Up After Severe Weekend Weather
- Gainesville Man Lands Behind Bars After Breaking into a Car at an Auto Repair Shop
- Bell Teen Recovered From Bike Crash
- Man's body discovered in home fire
- Construction worker recovering after fall
- GPD increasing patrols after two recent assaults