Robo-Callers Face Penalty
Belleview, FL-- These kinds of calls to cell phones are illegal under federal law and robo-callers face a hefty penalty: they could owe you $500 to $1500 for every unwanted call.
There are thousands of these collection companies.
Gorden beck is the COO of Diversified Consultants
Inc - already sued 100 times this year.
Beck admits there are mistakes but he says it's hard to tell landlines from cellphones.
"Although there is human error, we do our best every single day to make sure things like that do not happen." Beck says.
Now cell phone owners that receive unwanted calls could collect from the collection agencies.
- Grandmother Could Face Death Penalty
- New Robo Call Scam Targets Fox News Viewers
- Police Now Need Warrant To Search Cell Phones, Locals Weigh In
- Cell Phones for Soldiers
- FHP Bans Cell Phones For Patrolmen
- Cell Phone Leades to Murder Arrest
- State Lawmakers Promoting Ban on Cell Phone Use Among Teenage Drivers
- Cell Phone Scammer Jailed
- Does Cell Phone Use Cause Cancer?
- Cell Phones in Classrooms