Workers Rescued from Malfunctioning Cherry Picker
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Gainesville Fire crews rescued two workers after they became stranded 60 feet in the air.
Authorities say their cherry picker machine malfunctioned Sunday.
The stranded men say a cut tree limb fell down on top of the machine and they lost power.
The firefighters were able to raise the tower on their truck to reach them.
The men were safely removed from their bucket while officials blocked traffic on Northwest 27th Terrace.
No one suffered any injuries.
- Gainesville Fire and Rescue tips for this 4th of July
- Dryer fire at Gainesville laundromat
- Gainesville house fire
- Man from Belleview dies from trailer catching on fire
- Crews investigating two house fires in Suwanee County
- Firefighters battle flames from backyard grill
- Gainesville man turns old fire gear into hot accesories
- Gainesville High School Band heading to D.C.
- Construction Worker Freed from Hole
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Investigating Second Recent Fire in Apartment