Gainesville Man Arrested After Stabbing Father
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- A Gainesville man is behind bars after getting violent because he wasn't allowed to have a sleepover.
Gainesville Police say 32-year-old Wendell Wright lives with his parents and wanted to have a guest spend the night on New Year's Eve.
When his father said no, police say Wright fought with him, then went into the kitchen, grabbed a knife, and stabbed his father in the neck.
Wright ran off but police caught him shortly after.
Wright claims self-defense. He's charged with aggravated battery and is being held at the Alachua County Jail on $250,000 bond.
- Gainesville Man Behind Bars After Stabbing a Woman
- Gainesville man arrested after burglary
- One arrested in Gainesville stabbing
- Gainesville Man Behind Bars for Stabbing Woman
- Gainesville Man Stabbed In The Back
- Teen Charged For Stabbing His Father
- Daughter stabs father
- Suspect Makes First Court Appearance After Fatally Stabbing Gainesville Man
- Alachua County Man Arrested After Threatening Cab Driver With Butcher's Knife
- Man Arrested After High Speed Chase