1 killed, 2 hurt in Putnam County high-speed chase
PALATKA, Fla. -- A Central Florida man is dead and two others are seriously injured after a high-speed car chase with police ended in a head-on collision.
Putnam County Sheriff's deputies say they were pursuing a stolen SUV Saturday night. They tried to pull it over, but the driver, 20 year-old Romeo Staples, refused to stop.
As the chase continued, the SUV crossed the center line and collided head-on with another car.
Authorities say Staples was killed. The 20 year-old passenger, Kebreceia Thompson, and the other driver, 18 year-old Arthur Young, were taken to the hospital in serious condition.
- Cross-County, High-Speed Chase Leaves Residents Shaken
- State Senate Sends High-Speed Rail Bill to Crist
- Man killed after high speed chase with deputies
- High speed chase leads to manhunt
- Union County man caught after high speed chase
- High Speed Chase Ends With Dramatic Crash
- Man Arrested After High Speed Chase
- Deadly crash kills man in Marion County
- One Dead In High Speed Chase
- High Speed Chase Ends With Car Crash