Group protests pipeline
GAINESVILLE, Fla.--- An anti-pipeline group took to the streets in protest of the Sabal Trail pipeline.
Members of the Alachua County Revolution and others against the pipeline stood at the corner of University and Main Street holding signs and chanting in protest.
The pipeline will run underground through North Central Florida transporting natural gas. The group says the pipeline will cause environmental problems as well as lead to fracking.
The Sabal Trail is expected to beging running in May of 2017.
- Sabal Trail Pipeline protest
- Sabal Trail pipeline protesters arrested
- 14 people arrested while protesting the Sabal Pipeline
- Environmental groups file lawsuit against multi-state pipeline project
- Woman released from Gilchrist County jail after Sabal Trail Pipeline arrest
- 16th arrest at Sabal Trail Pipeline adds more to controversy
- Protesters demonstrate at pipeline construction site
- Sabal pipeline protesters
- Dakota pipeline decision leaves Sabal Trail protesters hopeful
- Sabal Trail Pipeline protest leads to arrests