Airport's new firefighting building
GAINESVILLE, FL. -- The Gainesville Regional Airport is getting a new firefighting building. The new building will be two-thirds closer to the main runway and about 2,100 square feet larger.
The airport's CEO, Allen Penksa, said, "we will get a lot of additional storage space, room to store equipment and agent and to actually do some maintenance and work on equipment like self-contained breathing apparatus and nozzles and other appliances, things like that."
The project is scheduled to be finished in nine months.
- New Airline at Gainesville Regional Airport
- Gainesville Regional Airport passengers to see new ticket counters
- Permits Required for Uber Drivers at Gainesville Regional Airport
- Ride-sharing battle continues at Gainesville Regional Airport
- Holiday travel increase expected at Gainesville Regional Airport
- Gainesville Airport Receives $998K Grant
- New Plan Speeds Up Airport Security
- Gainesville Regional Airpot runway closed after landing incident
- Gainesville firefighters will have more access to live training with new facility
- New Gainesville cancer center grand opening