Many Vending Machines Will Now Be Required To Display Calorie Information
Beginning early this year, approximately 5 million vending machines nationwide will be required to display calorie information.
The new FDA regulations apply to more than 10 thousand vending machine companies across the country, that operate 20 or more machines.
The result will be similar to the calorie count menus in restaurants.
In vending machines, customers will see the calorie count next to their snack choice.
The FDA hopes this will help consumers looking for healthier alternatives.
- Thief in Marion County Targets Vending Machines
- 4/15/13 Fitzness Minute: Jump Roping
- 5/27/13 Fitzness Minute: Healthy Indulgence
- Popcorn Machine Fire Leads To Evacuation Of Theater
- Floods Now a Problem for Storm Ravaged Oklahoma
- FBI Now In Charge of Boston Marathon Bombing Investigation
- Four NASA Artifacts on Display at Wings of Dreams Museum
- 'Paws on Parole' Pups On Display Saturday
- Woman Arrested for Smashing Displays at Gainesville Walmart
- Reward Offered For Information In Search For Two Suspects