Target Data Breach Affected 70 Million
Target's recent data breach was even bigger than originally believed.
The company said Friday that hackers accessed information belonging to 70 million customers, including names, addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses.
Target says this is separate from the credit and debit card data stolen. However, the retailer says it is all part of the same breach. It was discovered as part of the investigation into the theft of card information.
Target had previously said 40 million shoppers had their credit and debit card information stolen in the weeks following Thanksgiving.
- House Oversight Committee Seeks More Documents On Target Data Breach
- Obama Administration Announces Climate Data Initiative
- Dental Data Helps Target Schools
- Smartphones Expected to be Targeted by Criminals
- Thieves Targeting Ford Trucks In Marion County
- Security Breach MasterCard
- Marine Doing a Million Pushups for a Good Cause
- Mega Millions Jackpot Now $640 Million
- New Ad Campaign Targets Disillusioned Obama Voters
- Experts: Confederate Sub Near Target at Sinking