New Baseball Spring Training Initiative
Governor Rick Scott stopped by the Detroit Tigers spring training facility in Lakeland to announce a new initiative to keep the major league baseball teams that train here in Florida.
5 million dollars would be used toward spring training facilities to keep Florida number one with the league's teams spring training.
Scott said the economic benefits the teams provide can't be underestimated.
The governor also talked about next year's election season and his recent decision to back president Obama's stance on Medicaid.
- The Florida Highway Patrol Increases Patrols For "Staying Alive On I-75" Initiative
- Driver Killed in Collision with Train
- Giving Tuesday Initiative
- Obama Administration Announces Climate Data Initiative
- Spring Break Safety Tips
- New Beds, New Initiatives to Help Mentally Ill Inmates
- New Statewide Road Rage Law in Effect
- New Florida University
- New Video in Possible Deadly UCF Attack
- Train Crashes