12-Year-Old Miami Gardens Girl Killed by Stray Bullet
MIAMI GARDENS--A 12-year-old girl is dead after being hit by a stray bullet in Miami last week.
Police say they are looking for multiple suspects in the shooting.
Miami-Dade Crimestoppers upped its reward for information leading to the arrest of whoever shot and killed 12-year-old Tequila Forshee last week.
An anonymous donor gave the city of Miami Gardens $25,000, raising the reward to $30,000.
"We thank you all for the outpouring of love and support, but the tragedy has penetrated our hearts more than you'll ever know," said Chanae Forshee, the girl's aunt. "At this moment, we are asking for anyone with a conscience to step forward for our little TT."
Tequila Forshee was sitting inside her grandmother's home when she was shot on Aug. 14. Her grandmother was shot in the leg.
"The information we have is that there were four suspects, ages 15 to 18, riding on two bikes," said Miami Gardens Deputy Chief Paul Miller. "So the doubled up on the bicycles."
On Monday, city officials passed a resolution that designated general fund dollars to a newly created reward fund to help solve crimes. The fund enhances dollars already set aside for tipsters through Crimestoppers.
"This program comes after much deliberation and dialogue and a desire for more increased community involvement in stamping out this cancer of violence in our community," said Miami Gardens Mayor Oliver Gilber III.
Detectives believe at least five suspects are involved in the deadly shooting.
- Bullied 12-year-old Girl Commits Suicide
- 15-Year-Old Student Stabbed By 11-Year-Old
- 12-Year-Old Boy Saves 4 Younger Siblings from House Fire
- 10-Year-Old Colorado Girl Goes Missing
- 3-Year-Old Girl Swallows 37 Magnets
- 12-Year-Old Hero
- 5-Year-Old Sees Mother Get Shot By Father
- 1-Year-Old Girl Drowns in Family's Swimming Pool
- Tampa Man Accused of Abusing, Killing 3-year-old
- 21-Year-Old Man Drowns At Popular Dixie County Swimming Spot