Man Robs Bank Wearing Santa Claus Disguise
On Monday, a man wearing a Santa hat and beard entered a Suntrust Bank in Port Orange carrying a wrapped package.
He placed the package on the teller's counter and passed her a note demanding cash while insinuating that the package was dangerous.
An undisclosed amount of cash was given to him.
He left the package behind, fleeing before law enforcement arrived on the scene.
After the bank was evacuated and secured, the Volusia County Sheriff's Office Bomb Squad determined that the package was not an explosive device.
- Santa Claus Thief Robs SunTrust Bank
- Armed Woman Robs Bank in Marion County
- Bradford County Sheriff's Office creates safe place for online sales
- A Teen Shoots A Volusia County Sheriff's Deputy
- Santa and Mrs. Claus Talk About Newberry's Festival of Lights
- Volusia County Homes Damaged in Storm
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Create Workout for Fallen Officers
- Marion County Sheriff's Office looking into possible connected armed robberies
- Deputy Robert Lundy Awarded Florida Sheriff's AssociatIon Law Enforcement Officer of the Year