Miami Woman Charged In Connection To Toddler Daycare Drowning Death
In Miami, a woman is charged in connection with a toddler who drowned in a daycare pool last year.
Investigators say they responded to a call at the daycare center in December about an unresponsive three-year-old.
The boy was later pronounced dead at an area hospital.
Investigators say Zobeida Gonzalez was supposed to be watching the boy at the time.
She is the mother of the daycare's owner.
Allegedly, Gonzalez told police she left the boy alone near the pool for just a minute, but police say surveillance video from a neighbor's house found the boy was left alone for at least 29 minutes.
Gonzalez is charged with aggravated manslaughter.
- 23 Suspects Taken Into Custody And Charged In Connection To Organized Retail Theft
- Panhandle River Drowning Deaths
- Charges Dropped in Gainesville Toddler's Death
- Woman Charged With Child Neglect, Passes Out With Toddler In Car
- Woman Charged with Biting Ear of Another Woman
- Apartment Complex-Drowning
- Clay County Man Charged With Death of 14-Month-Old Boy
- Woman faces 30 Years for Hit and Run Death
- Father enters no contest plea in toddler's death in hot car
- Toddler found outside, alone at Daycare