Prehistoric village found in downtown Miami
In Miami, archaeologists found a prehistoric village they believe is two thousand-years-old.
Scientists have been working for months to uncover evidence of an ancient Native American village.
Now they believe this is likely one ofthe most significant prehistoric sites in the country.
City counsil members say there is growing support to protect the site and create a major exhibit around it.
Officials and preservationists believe it might also qualify for designation as a UNESCO world heritage site.
- Body of Missing Worker Found in Collapsed Miami Parking Garage
- Man Flies American Flag Upside Down to Make Statement
- 100 Year Old Woman Becomes American Citizen
- Two Killed in Miami Dade Garage Collaspe
- Drug Bust off Miami Coast
- Fatal Shooting in Miami
- Two Men Arrested by Miami-Dade Police for Running Illegal Slaughterhouse
- Miami Man Finds 100 Pound Burmese Python in His Shed
- Miami Beach Teen Dies Shortly After Being Tasered by Police
- 12-Year-Old Miami Gardens Girl Killed by Stray Bullet