Same-SexMarriage Ban Opposition
The Christian Family Coalition is urging six Florida couples to drop their lawsuit challenging the state's constitutional ban on same-sex marriage.
The group gathered with other community activists on Friday in Doral.
They want the 12 plaintiff's in the case to withdraw their lawsuit or for a judge to throw out the case.
The group states that the voters had already decided on the issue in the 2008 election.
The state has not yet filed a response in court to the initial lawsuit.
- Coalition Seeks To Uphold Same-Sex Marriage Ban
- Miami-Dade County judge strikes down same-sex marriage ban
- Court Declares Same-Sex Marriage Ban Unconstitutional
- Maryland Same-Sex Marriage May End Up on Ballot
- Florida Same Sex Couples File Suit Against Marriage Ban
- Gingrich Says Same-Sex Law Passed "Right Way"
- Same Sex Marriages Gain Equal Standing in the Eyes of Federal Government
- Married Same Sex Couple Seek Divorce
- Supreme Court Weighs in on Same Sex Marriage
- Rulings on Gay Marriage Doesn't Affect Fla Ban