Conch Shell Blowing Contest
The 52nd annual conch shell blowing contest took place in Key West. Contestants ranged in age from 3 to 77, and ranged from solo performances to ensembles.
Entrants were judged on the quality, duration, loudness, and novelty of the sounds they made.
The winner of the contest was a man named Michael Cox, from Pueblo, Colorado.
Conch Shell blowing has been practiced in the Florida Keys for generations.
- Man Dies After Participating in Unusual Eating Contest
- Man Threatens to Blow Up Liberty Bell
- Morning Edition Halloween Costume Contest Winners
- Health Policy Cancellations: New Blow for Administration
- Alachua Girl in National Tissue Box Artwork Contest
- FAMU Band Member Pleads No Contest
- Underwater Pumpkin Carving Contest Encourages Creativity
- George Zimmerman "Stand Your Ground" Hearing
- World War II-era Shell Casing Found in Gainesville Backyard
- Protestors Come Out of Their Shells