Pregnant Mother Who Drove Van Of Kids Into Ocean Now Accused Of Punching Self In Stomach While Jailed
The pregnant mother accused of trying to kill her three children by driving her van into the Daytona Beach ocean earlier this month, is accused of punching herself in the stomach while jailed.
The details came out Monday during a bond hearing for 32-year-old, Ebony Wilkerson, who is charged with attempted first-degree murder and child abuse.
Prosecutors said Wilkerson was sent to Halifax Hospital's psychiatric ward a second time for a psychiatric evaluation after she punched herself in the stomach while jailed.
In court, Wilkerson's attorney requested her client be kept in the psychiatric ward, and a doctor who testified said he believes Wilkerson "can be helped," but the judge did not rule on the request.
An OB/GYN testified Monday that Wilkerson is 28 weeks pregnant and that she should be going to weekly checkups.
That doctor also suggested Wilkerson be held at Halifax Hospital for regular treatment during her pregnancy.
The state has since said Wilkerson must be in the sight of corrections officers at all times.
- Woman Drives into Daytona Beach Ocean
- Dad Accused of Killing Kids, Self Wanted New Life
- Mother Drives Three Children Into Ocean
- North Florida Man in Jail After Riding His Horse While Drunk
- Man Kills Mother Of His Daughter, While She's Pregnant With Her Next Child
- Gainesville Man Who Was Involved In Shooting Now Behind Bars
- Tragic End For Pregnant Woman
- Deadly Van Crash
- Police: NM Driver Drove Drunk While Having Sex
- Mom Chases Down Burglar...in Flip Flops!