Services Planned For Windermere Officer Shot And Killed
Published March 24th, 2014
WINDERMERE, Fla. (AP) - Funeral plans have been announced for central Florida police officer who was fatally shot while on duty.
Officer Robert German was killed Saturday after stopping two teenagers along a road in Windermere, near Orlando. The bodies of the teens, 18-year-old Brandon Goode and 17-year-old Alexandria Hollinghurst, were found a short distance away. Authorities say the teens, who lived in Davenport, apparently committed suicide.
The Windermere Police Department says visitation is scheduled for Wednesday from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Northland Church in Longwood.
German's graveside services and burial will take place Thursday at 10 a.m. at Oaklawn Cemetery in Sanford. Services are open to the public.
Authorities say 31-year-old German worked for the department for five years.
- Tarpon Springs Officer Shot and Killed
- Clay County man shot and killed in front yard
- FSU Law Professor Shot And Killed
- Florida Funeral Planned for US Officer Killed in Kabul
- 'Day of Healing' planned in honor of 16-year-old shot, killed
- Officer Killed in Line of Duty
- Williston Non Profit Service Dog Organization Still Operational After Losing VA Contract
- Parents Arrested After Son Killed By Dogs
- Teen Shot and Killed in Palatka
- Friend speaks out after Putnam County man shot, killed