Senior Pastor Of Calvary Chapel Fort Lauderdale Resigns
Pastor Bob Coy has resigned after confessing to a "moral failing."
Church leaders made the announcement Sunday to a large crowd gathered for a special meeting.
A church issued statement said that Coy will be "focusing his full attention on his personal relationship with God and with his family."
Coy has led the church since it was founded in 1985.
The church also announced that the media minstry that distributes Coy's bible teaching through radio, television and digital media, has also been suspended.
The church has multiple locations throughout South Florida.
- Argument Over Texting Leads To Fatal Shooting Inside Movie Theater
- Tragic End For Pregnant Woman
- High Speed Chase Ends With Dramatic Crash
- Theater Shooting Suspect Back In Court
- Accused Shooter Appeals Judge's Denial Of Bail
- Fort McCoy Man, 27, Dies In Early Morning Car Crash
- GRU GM Bob Hunzinger Announces Plans to Resign
- Alachua County Pastor Arrested for Sexual Assault
- Another Delay in Fort Hood Shooting Case
- Fort Hood Gunman's Shooting Rampage Followed Over Denial Of Request For Leave