The Pope's Final Speech
Pope Benedict the 16th will address a crowd of more than 200,000 during his final public appearance as Pope.
He will soon become the first retired Pope in 600 years.
The leader of 1.2 billion catholics around the globe will retire to a former gardener's house at the vatican to lead a life of prayer, likely removed entirely from public life.
He will forego his ornate papal wardrobe and elbow-length cape.
His ring will also be destroyed.
The vatican says he will keep the name Benedict the 16th and still be addressed as "His Holiness"
- Local Reaction to Pope's Resignation
- Pope Visits Havana Cuba
- Pope Francis & Pope Mini-Me
- Rubio to Deliver GOP Response to State of Union Speech
- Obama challenges Republicans in State of Union speech
- Days After Election, Florida's Votes Finally Counted
- Pope Francis is Part of Many "Firsts"
- Sochi Olympic Games: Search for 'Black Widow' suicide bomber
- Icebound Ship's Passengers Finally on Land
- Six Dead After Powerful Earthquake Strikes Off Chile's Coast