Fire Rages in Chile
Published April 14th, 2014
VALPARAISO, Chile -- Firefighters in Valparaiso, Chile have been struggling for a second night to contain blazes that have killed twelve people, injured 500 and destroyed two thousand homes.
Officials thought the fires were contained twenty-four hours after they started Saturday, but they kicked up again with Sunday's afternoon wind's raged out of control.
Some ten thousand people have been forced to evacuate the densely populated hills of the Port City.
- Six Dead After Powerful Earthquake Strikes Off Chile's Coast
- New Statewide Road Rage Law in Effect
- United Nations Security Council Calls for Cease Fire
- Shelling of UN school kills 15 as Gaza war rages
- Fire Rages in Colorado
- Massive Mexican Meth Bust
- Fire Marshal Investigating Several Suspicious Fires in Marion County
- Two Years Since Deadly Earthquake and Tsunami Hit Japan
- The Pope's Final Speech
- Locals Competing in 2013 World Police and Fire Games