Special Needs Teacher Charged With Child Abuse
FORT LAUDERDALE- A special needs teacher is charged with child abuse after allegedly getting physical with an autistic student.
The boy says that the abuse took place last year, but now authorities has released the surveillance video of David Baier in his abusive rampage.
He was arrested a month after the incident occurred, and also in April after other students claimed that he abused them as well.
Bayssa Buil, a mother who pulled her son from the Davie school after the incident, says that it confirmed her fears, and that Baier's actions teaches students that it's okay to be abused and to abuse others.
Baier says he believes the video is, "incomplete and doesn't give the the full picture of this particular child". He also feels that it doesn't accurately portray the incident in its entirety.
He faces 2 counts of child abuse.
- New Scholarship For Students With Special Needs
- Tampa School District's Special Needs Policies Under Review After Student Death
- Lake City Man Arrested for Child Abuse
- Couple Arrested Over Child Abuse
- Father of Special Needs Child Requests Proper Bus Service
- Eighth Grader Faces Child Pornography Charges
- Marion County Man Charged with Possessing Child Pornography
- Gainesville Woman Facing Child Neglect Charges
- Woman Charged With Child Abuse, After Suffocating 2-Month-Old Baby
- 11/28/13 Adopt-a-Pet Thanksgiving Special