President Obama Reduces Prison Sentences
Several convicted felons are getting out of prison thanks in part to President Obama.
Obama reduced the sentences of eight prisoners who are serving long sentences for drug crimes.
Ezell Gilbert is one of the eight men who will be released.
Gilbert was caught selling crack cocaine and marijuana and has served 17 years of his 24-year sentence.
The White House says that Gilbert would have been given a lighter sentence if he were sentenced for his crime today.
Officials have four months to release Gilbert.
- President Obama on Guns
- Accused Would-Be-Terrorist Pleads Not Guilty in Tampa
- Tampa School District's Special Needs Policies Under Review After Student Death
- Tampa Bay Quadruplets Come Home for Christmas
- Small Plane Crashes in Tampa
- Prison Riot Breaks-Out
- Atlanta Man Faces Life In Prison
- Tampa Bay Man Sentenced to Death
- Presidents Race On Ice
- A Florida University President suing the Federal Government