Chris Christie Apologizes For Bridge Scandal
Following up in the Chris Christie bridge scandal, the New Jersey governor is taking major steps to put the controversy behind him by apologizing and cutting loose friends who are proving to be liabilities.
The governor apologized for nearly two hours and cast himself as a take-charge governor.
He announced that he is parting ways with his former campaign manager and that he fired the senior aide who sealed her fate with an email that read,
"Time for some traffice problems in Fort Lee." A message that is said to have come in after the Democratic mayor of Fort Lee failed to endorse Christie's re-election bid.
A four day traffic jam followed.
Christie also visited Fort Lee and asked the mayor for forgiveness.
He says he knew nothing about his staff's inappropriate behavior.
It is now in the hands of investigators to prove that.
- 8/13/12 Fitzness Minute: Bridges
- Secret Service involved in prostitution scandal
- Florida AG Apologizes for Rescheduling Execution
- Deputy Apologizes for Handling of 911 Call
- Governor Announces 4.7% Drop In Crime Rate For 2013
- Governor Scott to Sue VA
- Venezuelan Protesters Ask Governor Scott For Help
- Former Florida Governor Reubin Askew Dead At 85
- Lopez-Cantera becomes Florida's First Hispanic Lieutenant Governor
- Sit In Inside of Governor Scott's Office