Chris Christie Apologizes For Bridge Scandal
Following up in the Chris Christie bridge scandal, the New Jersey governor is taking major steps to put the controversy behind him by apologizing and cutting loose friends who are proving to be liabilities.
The governor apologized for nearly two hours and cast himself as a take-charge governor.
He announced that he is parting ways with his former campaign manager and that he fired the senior aide who sealed her fate with an email that read,
"Time for some traffice problems in Fort Lee." A message that is said to have come in after the Democratic mayor of Fort Lee failed to endorse Christie's re-election bid.
A four day traffic jam followed.
Christie also visited Fort Lee and asked the mayor for forgiveness.
He says he knew nothing about his staff's inappropriate behavior.
It is now in the hands of investigators to prove that.
- Florida AG Apologizes for Rescheduling Execution
- Deputy Apologizes for Handling of 911 Call
- 8/13/12 Fitzness Minute: Bridges
- Secret Service involved in prostitution scandal
- Search For New Jersey Girl Comes To End
- Arrest Made In Missing New Jersey Girl's Death
- Child Killed in School Bus Crash in New Jersey
- Deadly Fire Kills 5 in New Jersey
- Governor Announces 4.7% Drop In Crime Rate For 2013
- Governor Scott to Sue VA