Mystery Rock Spotted On Mars
NASA scientists say the Mars rover Opportunity has found a doughnut-shaped rock on the red planet.
The photo appeared 12 days after a previous photo of the same area showed no rock.
Scientists have some theories, but they are not exactly sure how the rock got there.
This discovery comes as the agency celebrates 10 years since the Spirit and Opportunity rovers landed on Mars.
Although Spirits mission ended in 2010 after the rover lost the use of two wheels and stopped communicating, Opportunity is still chugging along and finding new surprises, such as this rock.
- "Curiosity" Lands on Mars
- Mystery Homicide
- Five Eastside High School Students Win Nasa's Student Astronaut Challenge
- Four NASA Artifacts on Display at Wings of Dreams Museum
- Space Capsule Returns To Earth
- Local Student Selected for NASA Program
- Launch of Atlas V Rocket Successful
- NASA Cancels First Attempt of Orion Launch
- ISS visible in skies over Gainesville this week
- 21-Year-Old Man Drowns At Popular Dixie County Swimming Spot