Mystery Rock Spotted On Mars
NASA scientists say the Mars rover Opportunity has found a doughnut-shaped rock on the red planet.
The photo appeared 12 days after a previous photo of the same area showed no rock.
Scientists have some theories, but they are not exactly sure how the rock got there.
This discovery comes as the agency celebrates 10 years since the Spirit and Opportunity rovers landed on Mars.
Although Spirits mission ended in 2010 after the rover lost the use of two wheels and stopped communicating, Opportunity is still chugging along and finding new surprises, such as this rock.
- NASA Maven Spacecraft Goes to Mars
- NASA salvages Mars mission
- 21-Year-Old Man Drowns At Popular Dixie County Swimming Spot
- Five Eastside High School Students Win Nasa's Student Astronaut Challenge
- Black Bear Spotted Near Busy Intersection
- Four NASA Artifacts on Display at Wings of Dreams Museum
- Homeowner Spots Thief from Plane
- Local Student Selected for NASA Program
- Eric Frein Spotted
- NASA Rocket Explodes After Launch