Protestors Are Unhappy With The Treatment Of Circus Animals
The Ringling Brothers held their show this weekend in Gainesville.
Although many were excited for the show, some say that the company has a history of abusing its animals.
Protestors stood on the corner of University Avenue and Gale Lemerand with signs showing the abuse they say happens in the circus.
According to Peta, the Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Circus has been cited numerous times for animal welfare violations.
Protestors say the circus animals are shackled and beaten when they are trained for the show.
Protests began Friday and the protestors say they will continue until the show leaves.
- Protesters in Orlando Against Animal Treatment at SeaWorld
- The Search for a Circus Runaway
- Protestors March on the Republican National Convention
- Ask A Vet 11/17/15
- New Study: Breast Cancer Patients Want More Involvement in Treatment
- Ask a Vet: How To Avoid Scary Situations On Halloween
- Ask a Vet 10/6/15
- Adopt A Pet 10/15/15
- Adopt a Pet 12/3/15
- Marion County: Adopt a pet 2/17/16