Death Of Actor Phillip Seymour Hoffman
Oscar-winning actor, Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead of an apparent drug overdose.
Hoffman was said to be one of the most ambitious actors of this generation.
Fans gathered overnight at his New York City apartment to pay tribute with candles and flowers.
A syringe was found in Hoffman's arm and there were envelopes of suspected heroin at the scene.
In May of last year Hoffman admitted he had recently spent ten days in rehab for drug abuse including heroin.
In 2006, the actor told 60 Minutes he had a drug problem in his early twenties, but had kicked the habit for 23 years.
Hoffman is survived by his longtime girlfriend, theater director and costume designer Mimi O'Donnell and their three children.
- Ex-Tarzan Actor Arrested; Big Cats Taken from Home
- Actor Sherman Hemsley of "The Jeffersons" Dies
- Academy Award Winning Actor Ernest Borgnine Dies
- Eight Year Old Passes Away While Waiting For Heart
- Florida Teen Graffiti Artist's Death Caused By Taser: Family Wants Justice
- Miami Woman Charged In Connection To Toddler Daycare Drowning Death
- Death Warrant Issued for Askari Abdullah Muhammad
- Columbia County Man Sentenced to Death
- Anti-Death Penalty Supporters Remember Executed Man
- Tampa School District's Special Needs Policies Under Review After Student Death