Children Taking Fewer Antibiotics but More ADHD Medication
According to a food and drug report published in "The Journal Pediatrics," American children are taking less antibiotics but more drugs for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
According to the study, antibiotic prescriptions have declined by 14%.
Experts say this decline is related to doctors' concerns that overuse can lead to antibiotic resistance.
During the same time period, ADHD presciptions rose by almost 50%.
According to experts, the reason for this sharp increase is better diagnosis and medicines.
- Are Antibiotics Necessary for Sinus Infections?
- Your Health: Antibiotics
- New Study: Breast Cancer Patients Want More Involvement in Treatment
- Turtles Take Over Mall
- Ohio Takes On Easter
- Discovery Takes Off For The Last Time
- Supreme Court Takes On Immigration
- Drivers Paying More at the Pumps
- Fewer Buses May Cause More Problems
- Fewer Mills = More Money?