Dozens of Arrests After Kentucky Hangs on for Eighth National Title
LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) - Dozens of people have been arrested in Lexington, Ky., in the aftermath of the University of Kentucky's win over Kansas to claim college basketball's championship.
Thousands filled the streets to celebrate the win.
One man was wounded by gunfire, and several small fires were set. No one is in custody in connection with the shooting.
Last night, the freshman-dominated Wildcats built an 18-point lead in the first half and held off a furious Kansas rally, 67-59 to win the NCAA men's basketball title.
- Chris Rainey Dropped from Steelers After Arrest
- Florida Baseball Beats Kentucky, Takes Control of SEC Title Race
- Burglar arrested on more than two-dozen charges
- Man arrested for over dozen burglaries
- Gator Wins NCAA shot put title
- Gators Blank Commodores, Win SEC Tourney Title, Earn No. 2 Overall Seed In NCAA Baseball Tournament
- Gator Gymnastics Wins NCAA National Title, First in Program History
- National Champs! Gator Men's Track and Field Team Captures First NCAA Outdoor Title
- Gator Gymnastics Falls One-Tenth Short of First NCAA Title
- Gator Roundup: Men's Track and Field Earns Third-Straight NCAA Indoor Title, Baseball, Softball, Lacrosse All Get Saturday Wins