Romney-leaning Super PAC Raises $6M in January
Washington (AP) - A "super" political action committee backing Mitt Romney's White House run raised more than $6 million last month.
Financial reports released Monday show the Restore Our Future super PAC pulled in much of its fundraising haul from donors who gave hundreds of thousands of dollars apiece. They included Marriott International Chairman J.W. Marriott and Hewlett-Packard CEO Meg Whitman.
Restore Our Future has raised more than $36 million this election cycle. It has used its war chest to run television ads in key primary election states supporting Romney and hammering his opponents for the Republican presidential nomination.
The group had more than $16 million in the bank at the end of January.
- Arizona Sheriff Responds to Shocking Allegations
- Romney Seeks Tea Party Votes, Satorum Hunts Cash
- Mitt Romney Continues to Succeed
- Presidential Campaign Heats Up
- Presidential Politics Heat Up
- President Obama Receives Majority Vote In Recent Poll
- Super Tuesday Balloting Under Way
- Romney, Santorum Share Super Tuesday Spoils
- Ann Romney Visits Ocala
- Romney and GOP Raise More Than Obama and Democrats