Santorum's 3-Year-Old Daughter Taken to Hospital
WASHINGTON (AP) - The ill daughter of Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum has been taken to the hospital.
Santorum's campaign said Friday that 3-year-old Bella had been returned to the hospital. She has the rare genetic condition Trisomy 18 and was hospitalized earlier this year with pneumonia.
Santorum's campaign did not identify the hospital or say why her parents took Bella there.
The former Pennsylvania senator is spending a few days off the trail for Easter.
Bella's condition typically proves fatal. Santorum often says she wasn't expected to live past her first birthday.
- 3-Year-Old Girl Swallows 37 Magnets
- Police Officer's 3-year-old Child Drowns
- Pickin' For Kaedyn, Helping 3-Year-Old Leukemia Patient
- Alachua County Man in Jail for Taking 3-year-old Boy
- Tampa Man Accused of Abusing, Killing 3-year-old
- 3-Year-Old Boy Almost Kidnapped By Sex Offender
- Death of 3-Year-Old Leads to Questions Parents Need to Ask
- Santorum's Tax Returns Show Increase in Wealth
- GOP Leader Urges Unity Following Santorum's Exit
- Man Kills 4-year-old Daughter