2 Arrested in Canada Terror Plot
TORONTO (AP) - Police in Canada say two men have been arrested and charged with plotting a terrorist attack against a Canadian passenger train.
The Royal Canadian Mounted Police said Monday that Chiheb Esseghaier and Raed Jaser were conspiring to carry out an al-Qaida supported attack against Via Rail, but posed no imminent threat.
The investigation was part of a cross-border operation involving Canadian law enforcement agencies, the FBI and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
- Insufficient Brake Force Blamed in Canada Train Crash
- Bomb Suspects' Mother was in Terror Database
- FBI: Three Friends Tried to Keep Bombing Suspect from Getting Arrested
- New Terror Plot Threat for Americans
- Terror Plot Stopped
- Mandela Mourned as Inspiration in Many Struggles
- Obama Reignites Political Debate Over Cuba
- Senior State Dept. Official Traveling to Egypt
- Margaret Thatcher, Iron Lady, Dead at 87
- Bomb Suspect Influenced by Mysterious Radical