Billy Crystal to Host his 9th Oscars
ABC's Diana Alvear reports from Hollywood...
It's tough to think of the Academy Awards without thinking of Billy Crystal.
The beloved comedian will be back for his ninth go-round hosting the Oscars, after Eddie Murphy bowed out.
Known for his humorous song and dance numbers, Crystal's created many of the most memorable moments in Oscars past.
Who could forget Billy Crystal as Hannibal Lecter as he opened the Academy Awards in 1992? Or any of the other 7 times the beloved comedian has hosted the Oscars?
Well get ready because, he's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!
Crystal came to the rescue after real life drama rocked the awards. Unfortunate comments by original show director Bret Ratner forced him to resign and his handpicked host Eddie Murphy dropped out as well.
Hollywood veteran Brian Grazer stepped in and convinced Crystal to come back.
Grazer said, "I think he's going to deliver on every front."
Billy Crystal said, "To find that way to come back, there's so much expected of this. I would just tell people to please lower your expectations."
- Oscar Nominee Michael Clarke Duncan has Died
- New Name For The Home Of The Oscars
- 'Birdman' takes flight at an Oscars punctuated by politics
- Former "Family Feud" Host Dies
- Oscar Pistorius Trial Delayed
- Oscar Pistorius Faces Sentencing Today
- Oscar Pistorius sentenced to 5 years in prison
- 11 Year Old Boy From Wisconsin Saves His Money and Donates it to Police Department
- NFL Great Junior Seau May Have Taken His Own Life
- Gainesville gay club hosts benefit for Orlando victims